Re: Re: Apistogramma sp. Schwarzsaum

Fredrik is correct in stating that the major problem with taxonomic
descriptions in other than scientific journals is that they are not peer-
reviewed.  However, the Code allows several non-peer-reviewed ways to describe
species (including in books) so it is OK (ie the names are valid as long as
they conform to other standards).  I don't know enough to say whether the code
discourages such descriptions, or whether it is only academia that does.
Frankly, since the process is the same I don't see why an author wouldn't
choose the more rigorous journal.  OK, there are often page charges in
scientific journals, but still...

I have described several species of moths (always in peer-reviewed journals!).

Lars