Freak Accident - Am I Dr. Kovorkian?

Michael,

I had just had a beautiful pair of P. Pulcher spawn  and removed them to
a 2.5G hex desktop because of a few other fish in the larger tank that
were eating their fry.  For a week or so I faithfully changed the water
and turned the little incandescent light on and off every day so the
temperature wouldn't vary too much.  One weekend I took my wife and kids
out of town for a short trip, planning to move the Kribs as soon as I
got back.  Upon my return I was terrified to see both fish deceased and
the temp on the thermometer to be nearly maxed out...I had forgotten to
turn the incandescent light off before I left!  ("The frog is boiling"
technique proven!)

I am just now in recovery, with a new pair of P. Teniatus on the way and
a West African tank waiting for them!

Hope you recover soon!

Phil