Re: A. cacatoides "Red-Flash"

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Wiltshire <apistobob@yahoo.com>
To: apisto list <apisto@majordomo.pobox.com>
Date: Friday, January 08, 1999 3:41 PM
Subject: A. cacatoides "Red-Flash"

Where are you?
I am in Toronto, Canada.
If the logistics of importing some of your Apisto cacatoides is not too
complicated, I will get the manager of the store I deal with to make an
order.  Or do you prefer private?  I cannot take dozens of pairs.

I bought a pair of Wild-caught blues about nine months ago.  The male was
real rough looking.  They spawned twice, and then it became apparent that
they had nematodes.  (hanging out the anus, awful).  I destroyed the male
before I got a cure via info from a guy who calls himself 'toado' in New
Zealand.

None of the kids had it of course.  I sold most of them and have five
females and one gorgeous male left.  (He most certainly did not get his
looks from his father).  He has 4 orange spots on his tail and two orange
areas on his dorsal fin.  And of course when he spreads himself out, to show
off, he has the shiny blue on his dorsal.

Anyway, I would be interested in seeing what shows up if I cross him with
one of yours.

The weather here is abysmal.  Snow and more snow.   It would take me longer
to drive fish from the airport than it would for the plane ride.

Dr. Momfish