Life-spans and spawnings

A couple of months back, Mary Bailey (just love her) wrote in "Practical
Fishkeeping" that apistos spawn once or twice.  She did not specify if this
was only in the wild or in an aquarium.

I acquired my female Borellii almost exactly one year ago.  At that time she
was an adult, but she did grow another 30% in size.  Since that time and up
until October she has spawned 8 times.  She raised three broods
successfully, ate two when they were about one month old (can't blame her,
tank was crowded and she spawned again), the rest I cannot account for
because I moved her into a large community tank and I saw fry, but they
disappeared over time.

Since October she has not spawned.  Has she reached "fish menopause"?  She
is eating normally still, but she does not look as sleek as before.

What I would like to know is: What is the expected lifespan of these fish if
they are properly kept and eat a good diet?

As an aside, my cousin Alex, whose computer I hijack regularly, and who is
being deluged by Kribs, would like someone to let him know about how many
times these fish spawn.  Pretty soon he is going to have to set up his bath
tub and shower at my place.  Either that or take my advice and _separate_
the "love birds".

Dr. Momfish