Re: nijsseni - spawning problems

Gary,
We all have sayings we use, everyone knows what you mean but when asked we
don't know exactly how to explain the meaning.  Here goes, a musical band
has a regular rhythm that can be started or stopped when required. Ian, my
friend can, when he wishes, start the band playing by setting up the
Nijsseni to spawn and they dance to his tune.  He always seems to have
success with Nijsseni regardless where they come from.  I don't think this
is a Scottish saying, but I know one thing, this has been harder to explain
than a fish related question!  I feel like a fish out of water here!
Helen