Re: nijsseni - spawning problems

Hi Gary

I  got to my Nijsseni to breed for the first time  last August. I do have 3 pair.
I did put the   3 pair`s in a 50 gallon community tank. (PH 6.5 and hardness 140
ppm) They did pair off, don`t know if they lay eggs or not??? I think they might
off??? Once they pair off, I put two pair`s in two 15 gallon  tanks and the other
pair in a 10 gallon tank

I do mix the R.O water with tap water 75% R.O     I also lower the PH using
Seachem Acid Buffer and also use  Tetra Black Water Extact

One pair I think did lay some eggs, but never saw any fry`s??? That the one in the
10 gallon . The other pair did spawn twice, less than 10 fry`s each time, but the
other pair breed like rats ( just like my Triple Red) I do exactly  the same thing
in each tank and my tanks are set up the same way also. Just have Java Moss and a
few plants.

I leave the fry`s with the parent for 2 or 3 weeks, then I put them in a 5 gallon
tanks with some Java Moss. I do a little water change every 2 days with tap water,
I do lower the PH using Seachem Acid Buffer . Never even loss one fry`s yet.

I have at least 100 Nijsseni right now, fry`s and very young adult

My panduro I only got them to breed once, 8 fry`s, but I only had them for 3
months

George