Re: A. cacatoides "Red-Flash"

Mike,

Sorry to be slow in responding. I often only get to "hobby" mail once
a week or so.

You are sure right about the lack of LFS here. The closest to me is
about thirty five miles and they specialize in poor quality common
fish (tetras, guppies, etc.). The last time I asked if they could
order Apistogrammas they responded "I don't think we can get those
African chicklets anymore!"

I have been shipping fish in and out for about 15 years with great
success. It is sure a lot easier today with the variety of fish
availible from a variety of sources. It used to be rare to find more
than two species at a time from anyone in the country.

As to water, I use straight RO - have for years. I can't use snow melt
because we are in the wind belt here and all of our snow ends up in
giant drifts blocking my driveway!

Bob

---Mike Downey <windwalker@uky.campuscw.net> wrote:

> >Dave,
> >
> >Thanks for the offer. I'm in Livingston Montana - in the middle of no
> >where, far from anything.
> >
> >If you do happen to be close I'd welcome the opportunity to get
> >together.
> >
> >Bob
>
> I travel to Medicine Bow WY every April and spend 2 or 3 weeks where
there
> is little chance my boss can find me! VBG'-)
> I traveled through Montana 2 years ago after a drive to Goldendale
WA to
> visit a friend.
>
> NOT Many aquarium shops out there! VBG;-)  I guess most of your
apisto fly in?
> Do you use snow melt water for your tanks?
>
> MikeD

Archives"!