Re: Aquarium Lighting

We just had a demonstration on T8 lights at my aquarium society.  A club member
organized a large order of T8 and T10 lights as well as transformers.  We ordered
from some non-aquarium lighting place.  I paid about $7 for four-foot daylight
bulbs that are rated to last over two years!  They require special  transformers,
and my four-light transformer cost $27.  All together, this will come out to cost
less than what most aquarists pay for the typical spectrum bulbs.

Anyway, I got an education about T8's vs T10's--the T8's are the bulbs of the
future I hear.  I should be getting my bulbs in a week or so, and when I do I'll
take photos of the configuration/set-up and post it on my site.

--Randy