Re: Borelli ID

Dave,

Check Southamerican Cichlids II, p.63 for a photo of A. borellii (Opal/Opalita).
There are quite a few color populations of this species. Your fish sound like
something close to A. borellii (Pantanal). I had this fish for a short time but
lost the males soon after receiving them, probably to an intestinal parasite. I
agree with you, they're a spectacular color variety. There's a great photo of it
in Schaefer's book, Erfolg mit Zwergcichliden.

Mike Wise