white worms

I came upon your site while searching for worm information. However,
I have no apistos or fish, only an old, large Apple Snail who has
a worm infestation since last year.  Can you still help me?
His stool changed to small brown eighth-in rods, then I noticed a
live, thrashing white worm on the bottom.  Yesterday I saw a couple
more live ones that I fished out. They are from 1/8 to 3/16" long
with a darker, bigger head.  Very thin.  I am trying to find a place
in Buffalo, NY that will look at it under a microscope to identify it.
Am I wasting my time, or will there be a treatment for the snail?
It seems I am seeing them more often now, so I guess it is getting
worse.  Thank you for any information.    Joanne Milioto