fish into Canada (was Apistos in Montana)

Hi,
I think the consensus is that it works. I have been delayed at the
border twice when I brought in fish to Canada. Once, a trainee decided
to show her zeal by pulling out the CITES list (endangered species) and
looking up my fish. When she didn't find them, she enlisted three other
trainee guards to phone half the universe (90 minutes worth, if I
remember correctly...)trying to prove my ordinary little killies were
endangered. At no time did she question the Latin name I gave her for
the fish. Had I been smuggling, I'm sure I would have lied anyway, but
being honest, I drank coffee and cursed under my breath for awhile.
The other delay was a guard who needed time to learn the rules for fish.
I figure that if you know the latin name of your fish for any CITES
check, ideally with a photo ID in the eventuality of an intelligent
CITES check, there's no problem. Aquarium fish can cross the US/Canada
border freely.
-Gary