Re: Sp. lower Arapiuns

"EXT AVS; Mayalauren@aol.com" wrote:

> In a message dated 2/25/99 9:33:51 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> Fredrik.Ljungberg@saab.se writes:
>
> << Not weird at all Jason. Many species will spawn even if the
>  water parameters aren't perfect. If the eggs hatch is another
>  question. I've bred A. cf./sp. aff. pertensis (I think it's
>  pertensis but I have never been really good at species-
>  recognition) and they required pH 5 for the eggs to hatch.
>   >>

> She's guiding a shoal of fry ...sorry, I should have said that too!

That's better!

I get the feeling that the species we suspect are more than one
or have a larger geographical distribution than normal have these
variations in difficulty/requirements to breed. A. pertensis may
be one, A. gibbiceps and T. candidi are others I know of having
this variation. A. agassizii must be a prime example, ranging
from easy to really hard depending on where they come from.

Best of luck
Fredrik L.