Re: P. humilis - inducing spawning.

I am absolutely no expert (only ever kept P pulcher) and Im quite
prepared to be wrong :) - but in most of the previous thread I noticed
the ready assumption that this is a 'monogamous' species, and while some
people had added extra females they hadnt had any luck except often a
very dead female.

Has any one added either an additional pair or an additional male as a
bit of 'competition' for the male ?   You could try it either with a
divider in the tank or two tanks side by side (see but no kill :)  The
other option is along the lines of the other africans and a LARGE colony
of fish.

Steph