Re: Automated X10 lighting control deals & ideas

>>Sadly, I will have to install that part on my own.  (No kidding, we really are! along with something that checks if the oven or other appliances are  left on.)<<

I don't feel so bad now that I know you're in deeper than I am. :-)

>>Each fluorescent ballast is plugged into a different appliance module.<<

Did you consider X10 outlets?  They're a bit pricier but you also get and extra non-X10 outlet per module.  Also, the outlets are automatically excluded from "All On" commands.

>>(I use house "A" for regular house lights, and "B" for
aquarium modules, and "C" for porch, heater setbacks, etc. <<

I was thinking of "F" fpr fishroom. <s>  When you say "heater setbacks," I assume you're referring to you home furnace.  Correct?

>>We keep a bunch of hand controllers all over the house that work on "A",  ..<<

I was thinking of bidding on another starter kit just so I could have another controller.  Sounds like it's a good thing to do.  Hmm....

BTW, how many 2-wat receivers do you have with those remotes?  Is there a problem with more than one receiver tuned to the same house code?

The remote that came with the starter kit ahs the ability to change it to house code to B.  So you could have two sets of remotes controlling different sets of modules.

>>So down in the fishroom we have B1 and B2 for the big 75 gallon tank,...<<

How many bulbs does each module control?  I know that multiple modules can have the same address (i.e., B1), but do have each ballest on it's own module?

Thanks.

Bill Vannerson
McHenry, IL
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/william_vannerson