Erdfresser

Some additional notes about the Erdfresser-Apisto:

1) Erdfresser means "eartheater" in German.

2) A couple of years ago, in ACA convention (Chicago), this species was
in the show under the incorrect name of A. steindachneri.
I've talked with the fish breeder, and he told me that the pair in the
show was F1 from fish collected in the lower Rio Purus, near its
confluence with Amazon river.
So the fish is not only present in the upper Purus, but also in lower
course.

3) To MIKE WISE: can you clear in which way this fish is mentioned in
the original description of A. hippolytae? Does it also occur in other
localities than the Purus drainage (according to the referred paper)?
What else did Kullander mention about it in the paper?