Re: re double reds

Hello Vern
 I know my tap water is soft but I wish I had yours.   I would be
playing with all of the more harder things to spawn like T. Candidi and
any Dicrossus species.   I can get water with a pH that low if I use a
very heavily planted tank, then my pH drops because of the plants.    If
you need to buffer up without using any chemicals to get a higher pH
throw a few pieces of dolomite into the tank.   I do this for my
livebearers to just barely raise the pH and hardness.   I don't know how
that will affect the eggs hatching for most of your apistos but
somethings might not like it THAT acid.
John