Re: A. sp Erdfesser

This photo comes from the Taiwan Dwarf Cichlids Fan web site:

http://w5.dj.net.tw/~iris

Since most of us can't read Chinese, I'd suggest going to page 8 which has many photos:

http://w5.dj.net.tw/~iris/list8.htm

All of the photo are identified accurately, except A. sp. aff. payaminonis which is actually A. atahualpa. I can't knock this ID, since this is the name with which A. atahualpa was originally introduced into the hobby. A. sp. Erdfresser/Lyretail Purus is listed as A. sp. Rondon(ia). The IDs can be seen by placing the cursor arrow on the thumbnail photo and looking at the bottom of the screen. You'll see an abbreviated name there.

Marco Lacerda wrote:

Mike & Diane Wise wrote:

> Lars,
>
> As far as I know, Marco Lacerda was the first exporter to collect and
> ship A.
> pulchra. It is indeed an A. agassizii-group species that looks much like
> a round
> tailed aggie, only the tail is covered by a lace like pattern of spots.
> Check:
>
> http://w5.dj.net.tw/~iris/a_pulch.JPG

Dear Mike:
Beautiful picture!
Do you know its author, or the website from where it is?