Breeding T. candidi

Hey Everybody,
My Candidi's spawned last Saturday, and the female ate the eggs on
Monday.
I got to watch them gaurding the eggs for a little while anyway. It was
the first time I've seen any of my fish spawn, except for my Cory cats,
but they aren't quite as interesting.
It went just like the books say, the female had her head sticking out of
the hole under the log, while the male gaurded the outer territory.
I'm just wondering if there is a reason why she ate the eggs, too many
fish in the tank, or me looking in the cave too much? or, if Candidis
are known to eat thier eggs?
I left the male in the tank (30g), there are plenty of places for him to
hide, she wasn't harrassing him too badly. There is a male cockatuoide,
two juvenile filamentosas, three small tetras, three corys, three ottos
and the two candidis. I was worried about one of the other fish eating
the eggs, but they seemed oblivious that there were any eggs.
   If they mate again, I would like to watch them raise the fry, but I'd
also be willing to remove the fry if chances are she would eat them
again. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jay