Re: Breeding T. candidi

Jay Cohen wrote:

>    If they mate again, I would like to watch them raise the fry, but I'd
> also be willing to remove the fry if chances are she would eat them
> again. Any help would be appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Jay

I bred mine in conditions similar to David Sanchez
description. I have, however, heard of people breeding
them in more normal water so pH<5 and very soft water
isn't always required, sort of reminiscent to A. gibbiceps,
which seems to come in two breeding-flavours as well.

As David said, they are excellent parents. I always let
them tend the fry (or used to since I don't keep them
anymore) and it usually ended with the male guarding
the old fry while the female had a new clutch. I never
observed them eating the offspring unless conditions
were less than perfect, which in my case was pH>5.

Good luck
Fredrik L.