Re: The Apisto That Wasn't?

From: David Sanchez
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 1999 10:59 PM

>In case you missed my previous e-mail. You can use
>infosuria, microworms, and OSI microfood. also keep
>them in small bowls and keep their water clean. the
>first couple of weeks are the toughest after that they
>grow very rapidly.

>---Charles Ray wrote:
>> Mike,
>> what did you feed the newly hatched fry?  They are
>> truly tiny.  I've have constant spawns but have had
>> trouble keeping the fry alive.

Java moss is an excellent "storehouse" for infusoria as well as a limited
waste sponge. My Cardinal fry wouldn't survive the first two weeks without
it as my schedule doesn't always fit theirs. Feed them in the immediate
vicinity of the moss and they'll pick through it at their leisure, snacking
on and off when it suits them.

It's the method I intend to try first off...

-Y-

David A. Youngker
http://www.mindspring.com/~nestor10
nestor10@mindspring.com