shipping fish from Canada to the US

Well, folks I did it per all your instructions.  (Of course I am now a
certified member of the Insane Fishkeepers' Club, IFC for short. There are a
number of other members, whose names shall remain anonymous pending their
desire to reveal themselves.)

Yesterday I took 2 male borelliis out of their home (poor buggers never saw
a net before in their entire lives, so they just sat there and didn't make a
move!)  and shipped them via Air Canada from Toronto to Boston.

Because the fish were a gift there was no invoice, so the recipient at
customs was given a marginally hard time about it.  I guess I should have
written GIFT on the a special invoice but I didn't.  The customs officer
didn't know the difference between Koi and Apistogramma.   Nevertheless,
once an appeal was made to his sense of compassion (unique customs guy?) the
fish got through.

Anytime soon, these "mail-order husbands" should be providing the formerly
lonely ladies with lots and lots of fry!!

G. Kadar