cacatuoides Females

Hi Folks,,

A new development in my Cacatuoides. I have 2 female Cacatuoides
that have solid red tails. Also strong markings on the backs of their
dorsals. They are so colourful that at first I thought they were males,
and had them in a male growout tank. Then one of these "males" layed a
large spawn of eggs, so I guess they are definately female. Bummer, though
next day, eggs were gone. I now have this very colourful female in a tank
with a very colourful male, and hopefully they will spawn. Methinks if they
do spawn, I will steal the first batch of eggs, and see that develops from
them.

I think I will also steal the next batch of fry one of my Agassizzi females
keeps munching. Some females are great with their fry, but this particular
fish, seems to enjoy munching her babies when they go freeswimming.
Seems the herd get's smaller and smaller day by day, untill there
are none left. She is the only inhabitant in the tank, so she is definately,
munching them. Next spawn this lady fishy produces, are going to disappear,
the minute they hatch, right into a baby box.

Wow, Mike those pics are awesome!! Beauty job you did on them.

Vicky the apisto addict