Re: Cacatuoides Fry Mortality

Hey, thanks for this tip. I have a pair of P. taeniatus that I believe
may have just spawned. The female has been hanging out in her cave and
actually quite brutally chasing the male away the last couple of days,
though the male was calmly in the center of the tank tonight and she was
off to the side (hope this isn't a bad sign). She "thinned out" a couple
of days ago too. I have been cycling a 2.5 gallon tank to use as a
quarantine tank for some time. If it is done cycling when the fry are
free swimming (this would be the time to do the switch I assume) I will
siphon them in with water from their tank. The 2.5 gallon has a power
filter on it, but I assume I could fit the intake with a sponge cover,
yes?

-Dan