"Sunset"

On Friday I purchased 5 "Sunset".  I was unable to sex them at all.
Occasionally, I witnessed a trace of black with yellow in their ventral fins
as I fished them out.  Similar to the Nijsseni female.  Apparently they are
juveniles.
Once home, the fish displayed a dark line along the body that ends with a
spot at the beginning of the caudal fin.  Along the base of the dorsal fin
there is a dark line that seems to be broken, like a checkerboard pattern.
The color of the body is a brownish color.  Otherwise, there is no other
color evident.
I find them EXTREMELY shy.
However, when I checked on them this morning, four of them were in the
floor.  The cover on the tank had only an 1.5" space to allow for the
heater.  I checked the water and the temperature and everything checked to
be within normal parameters.  The lone fish was under the coconut shell.
Nevertheless, I bought 4 more today.  Once they came around the flaring of
gills and lip locking began.  I put a full cover on the tank after putting
in more plants, coconut shells and 4 gold tetras.  They are eating and
hiding.
Where on earth will I find a book that will have a picture of these fish?
Secondly, is there anyone out there who would be willing to describe the
juveniles coloration of this fish?
Francine in MD
Fish - photography - genealogy