first spawning stories?

Happy friday (or fry-day, as it were)

	Because the list seems quiet right now, and because I'm still
getting used to the excitement and worry of having fry in my tank, I thought
it might be nice to call for some stories of first spawns. (okay, that's
really geeky and sentimental, but hey, it's been my experience that most
hobbies of any depth have a high 'geek' factor.)
	So do you have some memorable first-time experiences (learning or
otherwise)? What did you do wrong or right? How many efforts did it take
before you had a brood make it to maturity? Did the offspring look/act the
way you expected?
	I hope this is something people might enjoy writing about. There are
lots of things I have yet to learn about dwarf cichlids, most of it
technical tedium, so instead of burdening the list with endless questions on
minutiae I thought I'd ask for some fun stories. After all, it's friday.

Andrew

good day
sunshine
   -beatles