Re: Tank setups

I have my ten gallon tanks on a 21" stand sideways.  I've been replaceing the
glass lids with home-made side-ways ones as well.  I transfer the fry after a
while to a twenty with fresh water in it, and then to a thirty.  I can keep
about eighty fry growing by doing this and being faithful to lots of water
changes.

Yes, if you want to go nuts, you can produce hundreds of fry per month, but
you have to decide how many you can handle.  I stop the spawning by pulling
the peat out of my tanks and doing a couple of water changes.  My tapwater
hardness is just a bit out of range for the fish to spawn, but close enough
that they aren't uncomfortable.

Bob Dixon