DI water

I need to know if I can use straight DI water to trigger my A.breitbinden to
spawn.I have been useing peat to get the ph kh gh down.I have been useing
sodium bisulfate also.With this method I can get the ph down to anywhere I
want it,but I think I have to lower the hardness even more.My thinking is a
couple of water changes with the DI a couple of degrees cooler might do
it.Has anyone out there spawned these fish?Any pointers would be
apreciated.Thanks.
Vern