Re: fin rot

Gary writes:

> Then again, healthy panduros and the nastiest apisto I've ever kept,
>  atahualpa (sunsets)... You sure it's a disease and not slow murder?
>  Getting nibbled to death might give that look too.

He's got a point.  I lost about a dozen fish because everyone insisted that
chinese algae eaters were strictly algae eaters.  They went finless overnight
and died before nightfall.  The truth is CAEs turn carnivirous at about 2
inches.  When i heard this, I got rid of the CAEs and the problem stopped.
Panduros are pretty mean.  I would not be surprised if they were the culprits
behind the problem.

Bob Dixon