Re: Temp vs. sex ratio

The effect of environmental factors on sex-ratios is not limited to apistos.
  I've been told that West African Dwarf cichlids like Kribs can have skewed
sex ratios as a result of ph.  Lake Tanganyikan  killifish,
Tanganicanus-can't remember species name, sex-ratios are affected by the
magnesium concentration in their water is the claim made by a local breeder.
  Leopard Geckos' and either alligators' or crocodiles' sex-ratios are
determined by the hatching temperature. Some fish when raised in twos,
mature into one male and one female.  So, I suspect that there is a good
possibility that there are enviromental factors that can affect the outcome
of your dwarf pike cichlids.  Unfortunately, finding out what the triggers
are and the critical trigger points may be a problem unless someone has the
time and resources to set up the experiments.