Re: A. sp (red-wedged) fry tank question

Bob,
I have a five gallon tank that is currently not stocked. Would this be
large enough to serve as a grow-out tank for awhile. I have read that
some folks keep such a grow-out tank bare for cleanliness. This tank has
a small Aquaclear filter on it, gravel, and no live plants. It had some
platies in it earlier. I may add a couple of young platies from another
tank back to it to keep its biological filtration viable. If I were to
use it, at what age would I add the fry to it. I have followed earlier
threads about adding water from the breeding tank equivalent to fifty
percent of the new tank to make the water parameters similar. Also at
what stage would you imagine I should remove the dithers from the ten
gallon tank so that the bioload is not overwhelmed. The fry are quite
tiny at this stage. Sorry this is such a rambling series of questions.

BTW, shekels are less the issue with getting yet another tank than lack
of space and the fact that another tank would be viewed as pure tsuris
by my otherwise totally supportive and loving wife (and I must say that
I am sensitive to her point of view).
-Dan