moving...more info

The new house is 45 minutes away.  The ph tested at 7.4 and the gh was
moderate.  The house that I live in now is off of a well and the ph
fluctuates depending on the weather.  I have been using distilled water for
the water changes because of this.  Whenever I start a new tank I use the
water from another tank and use distilled to top it off.

I use Hydro sponges, Aqua Clear and the SecondNature canister filters.  All
of the tanks have gravel except a couple of the fry tanks.

Jose, why would I not use a dechlorinator to remove the chlorine from the
water?  I had planned on using a 30 gal barrel with a 330 Magnun filter half
filled with peat to soften the water for changes (after I was settled in).

Francine in MD
Fish - photography - genealogy