Re: acclimaing new fish

I know this will freak out alot of people, it did me when I first heard
about it.  However...it works great!  I no longer acclimate my new arrivals
the conventional way of slowly adding water.  I do float the bag to
equalize temp.  I then add a good amount of "NovAqua" to the bag (about 2
tsp or so) with the fish and 1 tsp/10 gallons to the tank the fish are to
be placed (per directions on the bottle).  I then dump the bag of fish into
a net, allowing the old water to drain away, and then gently place the fish
in the new tank.  This has worked for apsistos, killies, corrys and
assorted tetras and rasboras.  The point is pH is not as important as
hardness when it comes to stressing fish (ie shock).  I am posting this
mainly for Francine and Sherry but any one can try this...it really works!