Re: Aquriums, SS with slate

----- Original Message -----
From: John Wubbolt <BigJohnW@webtv.net>
To: <apisto@majordomo.pobox.com>
Sent: Friday, December 17, 1999 11:31 AM
Subject: Re: Aquriums, SS with slate

> So long as we're on the subject.  One of my favorite tanks is a SS tank
> with a glass bottom I bought up in Montreal a few years ago.   It's a
> weird dimension.    20" x  20" by 10".   Nice sort of breeder tank.
> Looks to be a newly made tank but never saw one like it before.   Has
> all the SS corners like the old slate bottom ones did but a glass bottom
> and sealed real well.
> I use it now as a grow out tank for small fry.
> Would love to find some more of them.   Any our North of the Border
> friends no anything about these tanks?
>
> John

I got some very similar tanks when the Woolworths here in Northern Virginia
closed. They're SS with glass bottoms, all the same base size, some 19
gallons, and the taller ones about 28.

I believe Hartz Mountain manufactured them for the stores, along with the
stands/ lighting/ electric set-ups.

Don

Archives"!