Re: Aquriums, SS with slate

scottyflag@enter.net writes:

> This gave me a laugh. I just brought home from the goodwill store a 5 gal
>  SS with slate bottom that looks like it had never been used.

Okay, Scotty- Now how are you going to seal it?  The butyl has probably dried
out by now, and the slate won't hold to the silicone.  I usulaly get the
slate absolutely clean, then put a piece of glass in on top of it.  I've
heard that there are epoxies that will seal on the slate, and then the
silicone can be applied to that.

Bob Dixon