Re: Aquriums, SS with slate

John Wubbolt wrote:

> So long as we're on the subject.  One of my favorite tanks is a SS tank
> with a glass bottom I bought up in Montreal a few years ago.   It's a
> weird dimension.    20" x  20" by 10".   Nice sort of breeder tank.
> Looks to be a newly made tank but never saw one like it before.   Has
> all the SS corners like the old slate bottom ones did but a glass bottom
> and sealed real well.
> I use it now as a grow out tank for small fry.
> Would love to find some more of them.   Any our North of the Border
> friends no anything about these tanks?
>
> John

Old tanks are old stories. Those ones, from the Montreal Aquarium
Society (right?) were from the fishroom of a gentleman in his nineties
now, Lyle Hayter, who founded the local club in 1933, and was still
attending last year. I haven't been to enough meetings recently to say
if he still goes.
There was a lot of knowledge gained from those tanks, mostly about
killies. I bought one too, just to have it.
Gary