Bad batch of eggs

My caucatoides just ha a spawn of about 100 or so eggs- Yahoo!  However,
most of the eggs fungussed up over a couple of days. I have never had
trouble with this before- The conductivity of the tank is about 60
micro-siemens with a pH of 6.4. 20% water changes once per week. This is the
first time they have had this many young- also the first time I have lowered
the conductivity this low (I used peat aged tap-water cut with 50% rain
water (very clean from the wet-coast). Does anyone have any thought on why I
might have lost the eggs- seems strange to me!

Cory Williamson