Re: New Apistos

Vinny,

I haven't seen either publications so I can't say anything for sure. Julio sent
me a fish last year that he got from the Rio Nanay. It is a fish related to
Winkelfleck/Angle-spot. It isn't the same fish that Römer discussed under the
same name, however. His fish is one of the Rio Algodon fish now going under the
name Papagien/Parrot. It's an interesting fish but I've never been able to breed
it although I've seen pre-spawning courtship on occasions.

Mike Wise