Re: Adjenda Items

At 09:09 AM 7/13/99 -0500, James wrote:

>However, during our development of this idea, it was mentioned that we could
>use these images (or rather, AGA could use these images) in other ways than
>_just_ on the WWW. The AGA has a large percentage of members who do _not_
>have Internet access, and the AGA's main vehicle is TAG, a printed
>publication. In addition to publication in TAG, the issue of possible
>publication of _some_ images in magazines like TFH, FAMA, AFM has been
>discussed...

AFM, TFH and Aquarium Heute all prefer slides to any other format for
publication. (another reason to keep entries rather than return them)  AFM
and TFH will both accept very good, very clear prints.  Neither will pay
for digital images, though TFH will accept them for free. TFH pays
pitifully little for photos anyway, it probably doesn't make much
difference.  I'm sure they've adopted a take-what-we-can-get attitude,
since they pay so little.  TFH also wants ongoing rights to any photo they
publish, which I won't give them, hence I don't write for them.  I don't
believe Aquarium Heute accepts digital images at all.

It may be necessary to note in our descriptions of the contest that
although all photos of winning tanks will be displayed at the AGA web site,
only those photos of publication quality can be reproduced in print.  We
have a little leeway in terms of quality with TAG, but we can't control
what the big mags. will accept.

Karen