Re: electronic format

If that reduces the material that might print well in TAG, then so be it.
As the planning has gone to this point AGA will be the benefactor of quite
a lot of publicity generated by volunteer labor at no cost to AGA.  They
should be quite pleased with that and take what they can get as far as
printable material is concerned.

The contest is for the contestants, no for AGA.

Roger Miller

I think this is what I was trying but doing a poor job of conveying before. The original idea of this contest, (at least in my mind) was to put pictures on the web, to compare what everyone one the APD does. We then expanded it which I think is great. I am all for high res scans, but on the other hand, I don't think we should cater to the magazines. They are getting free content. Another quick technical point is that the pixel size height * width of an image does not need to be as high if you only want a small picture. For example, in photoshop, you can resize and image that is 640*480 and measures 4" by 6" to be 1" by 2". I know that I didn't give the right aspect ratios in this example but you see that doing so would bump the res from maybe 90 dpi to 300 dpi.

Julius