FW: Vendor Contact for AGA Contest and AGA Convention

-----Original Message-----
From: Charlene Nash [mailto:ecn@tennis.org]
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2002 10:04 AM
To: 'James Purchase'
Subject: RE: Vendor Contact for AGA Contest and AGA Convention

I thought I emailed you this info already, but I have a letter I wrote to
all prospective supporters telling them of the aquascaping contest and
convention and our need for support and the advertising they would get on
the web plus mention at the convention. Vendors pay $300 to show up and set
up a booth which includes one convention registration (banquet, talks,
lunch, breakfast etc with all other registrants). For $100 donation, we will
put a company's literature-brochures, coupons, flyers, catalog whatever in
the registration packet. We had a few that did that. Florida Aquatic
Nurseries should not be approached by us because he always donates
automatically and does not want any mention of his name. We had already
alerted several businesses before you came on board so that is why Luis has
some names already and so do I. I try to hound the people that get so much
of our TN Aquarium money too. Like I said, the letter covers it very well if
you want to see it. We used the same vendor list you had used a couple of
years ago-Erik gave it to us. You can check the website for the actual list
of people who donated if you want to know. So we just give them choices:
send merchandise, send money, or be a vendor if they want to support the
AGA. I think we have a commitment from Bill already so that is a good start.
It helps if prospective vendors know someone else is doing it and space is
going! Kim Bryant will probably do it again and Seachem might-I will ask
them since I am in touch fairly regularly. Let me know if you have other
questions. Charlene