[AGA Member] Re: AGA Member Kate's tanks

Hi Kate,
Glad to have talked to you at Seattle aquarium meeting.
Boy you are as bad as I am Re: planted tanks. They sound very nice.
Since we live close, you can visit my tanks if I can visit yours. I would
also very much like to see your Killifish. If interested email me off list.
Re: 10000K bulbs. I didn't notice any significant difference from the
plant's point of view but I too think the plants look better in 6500

I have bank of 12 20 gal tanks all set with shop lights so all low light.
There is variety of substrates from Flourite, to Texas grit to soil. Most of
the plants are ferns, anubias and stems that do ok with low light.
I have another bank of 7 tanks that are high light with Onyx or Flourite
substrate. They are fun but LOT more work. All the tanks have injected CO2.
I experimented with couple 15 gal tanks with no fish, high light and lot of
CO2. Great plant grow out tanks. My fish interest has so far been pretty
limited--mostly common livebearers. I do like and keep loaches and various
algae eaters. I am most fond of bristle-nose pleco's so don't keep
swordplants.
My experience with Jobe sticks was that I tend to stir up the substrate to
often releasing the nutrients and causing imbalance and problems. I pretty
much quit using them unless tank is going to be undisturbed for long periods
of time.
You know the best cure for green water. Go on vacation for couple three
weeks. ;->
Regards
June