Re: [AGA Member] AB contest announcements

On Saturday 27 March 2004 15:22, Bailin wrote:

> I'm not sure why there is such a dislike of the AGA by people who post on
> Aquabotanic...

Bailin,

I do hope this is just a misunderstanding.  I am a moderator at the
Aquabotanic forums and one of the most active posters on AB.  AGA has been
very supportive of my goals in the hobby.  I appreciate that and I like to
think that I've been supportive of AGA.  I didn't know that people who post
on AB have any animosity toward AGA.  I understand that Robert has had
disagreements with some AGA folks in the past.  I am not privvy what happened
but I'm pretty sure that it doesn't generalize to the rest of us.

> However, let's be honest, what's the true
> reason that Robert has a forum that competes with the AGA's list and the
> APD.

Gee, I think Robert might have to answer that, but I don't think there's any
secret.  Robert uses the Aquabotanic forums as a way to raise the profile of
his business.  He pays for the facility.  I hope he gets a return that is
worth his investment.

> Have you not noticed that the original posters on the APD have all
> but disappeared?  One of the old venerable lists is now visited by only a
> few of the original posters.

Uh, yeah.  I don't think that has anything to do with AB.  It is inevitable
that people will move on and for the most part they haven't moved on to
Aquabotanic.  The crowd at APD has changed with time and if the topics they
discuss cease to be interesting to a large number of people then APD will
cease to be the factor it once was -- just like the venerable newsgroups that
preceded APD.  At the moment though, APD seems to be pretty healthy.

Roger Miller