From: owner-aga-member@thekrib.com [mailto:owner-aga-member@thekrib.com] On Behalf Of david
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2004 6:26 PM
To: aga-member@thekrib.com
Subject: Re: [AGA Member] compact inter-node growth please...

Blue light inhibits plant growth whereas red and far
red light is used for photosynthesis. Blue light will
make your plants more compact but a good mixture of
the two is more beneficial. Do daylight bulbs have a
lot of blue? I was always under the impression that
these bulbs have a yellow tint and produce more red.
Aren't these bulbs at 5000-6700K? You might try mixing
the daylights or coolwhites with some 10000k bulbs
from the aquarium store. These bulbs have lots of
blue.

David