Re: [AGA Member] AB contest announcements

C'mon guys, loosen your headbands and relax a little. It's
a big hobby and one way or another, we're all in it
together.

The remark about life and AGA was a wisecrack. I didn't
find it offensive or especially pointed. Sometimes Goerge
Booth makes them -- the prepoderance of them in recent
months at my expense -- and I've enjoyed them all. I didn't
see Robert's remark as a targeted personal snipe -- we
know, at least Robert and I know, that he doesn't know me
well enough to get personal nor I about him. I saw his
remark as lob done in good humor.

Now, let's get back to talking about aquaria, and plants,
and making wiscracks.

sh

--- Roger Miller <roger@spinn.net> wrote:
> Could you guys *be* any more petty?
>
> If you received more than one copy of the recent
> announcement then it's
> because you are on more than one mailing list and/or
> forum.  I don't think
> that qualifies as spam.  I'm afraid that Carlos can't
> tailor his announcement
> list to your membership list to ensure that you don't get
> more than one
> announcement.
>
> There is a distinction between an announcement and an
> advertisement.  What
> Carlos sent is an announcement.
>
> There is a life outside of AGA.  At least, I'm pretty
> sure there is.  I would
> also have a very hard time finding hidden agendas in that
> statement.  I don't
> see any conspiracies either.  I am conspiracy-impaired.
>
> On the other hand, most if not all of the people Robert
> listed as "outside
> the AGA" (including myself) are AGA members.  That's
> really what makes the
> issue petty.  We're a small community and lots of us have
> overlapping roles
> in the community.  Many of us share a common interest in
> not only
> participating in our hobby but in promoting it as well.
>
> I have tanks to clean, projects to build and grass that
> has to be mowed.
> Right now the life outside AGA that concerns me most are
> the dandelions
> popping up in my lawn and the lilacs that are about to
> bloom.
>
> Enjoy yourselves.  It's spring.
>

> Roger Miller
> message.  Archives of
>  this list can be found at
> http://lists.thekrib.com/aga-member/

=====
S. Hieber
Aquascaping by Takashi Amano and more at
the AGA 2004 Annual Convention
Nov 12, 13 & 14; Marriott Crystal Gateway, Arlington, Virginia, USA
Aquatic Gardeners Association www.aquatic-gardeners.org