RE: [AGA-Member] Co2 problems!

--- Adam Michels <amichels@trafficleader.com> wrote:

> Yeah, once I got my KH up, my pH went up as well, to
> about 7.5 (morning
> reading), which is also about the same pH as my tap
> water. Maybe the
> baking soda had a buffering effect,

Aboslutely, KH pushes the pH up and CO2 pushes the pH down.
That's why one can measusre the KH and pH and then use the
CO2/KH/pH table to determine CO2 levels.

That's pretty much the relationship between them. KH
doesn't raise or lower the amount of CO2, it jsut buffers
the effect on pH.

Scott H.

Today, September 15 is the last day to enter the AGA Sixth International Aquascaping Contest!

Have registered for the Contest? Uploaded your photos?
Sent in the Photo Release Form?
Entries must be FULLY completed before the deadline lapses on September 15.

Share the fun and show your work!

http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org