Is this a safe food?

I keep a worm composting box into which I put stale, dry, mouldy bread,
veggies and chopped up corrugated cardboard boxes, egg shells, peat moss
etc.  There are hundreds of African red wriggler worms in the box that my
big cichlids love to eat.  Today, when I lifted the lid, I noticed what
looked like microworm culture on the moist inside of the lid.  The worms are
larger than micro-worms (about 3 to 8 mm long, white, and thin).  Does
anyone know what these may be and if they are safe to feed to the fish?
Whatever they are, I'm impressed with this 'ecosystem' of sorts.

This is one of those recycling kits where eventually the worm castings
become top dressing or soil addition to my house plants.  Seems everyone is
benefitting from our leftovers. :)

Gabriella Kadar.