Re: unusual behavior

Gary,

One of the interesting features of this group of apistos it that they are,
behaviorally, preferentially monogamous. I've had several species where the
female would only breed with one male. If he was removed breeding shut down. I
think that is one reason so many people have problems getting them to reproduce.
They buy a pair that turns out to be incompatible.

Mike Wise