Re: Multi-generation fry (was Mis-ID in Mayland and Bork?)

Dan,

I have the same problem with my A. guttata from the type locality. There are at
least 2 spawns in the 20L right now. The parents do a good job of keeping the
older siblings away from the younger ones. No mayhem, they just signal them to
move to the opposite side of the tank. I am thinking of removing the male to
another tank and letting the female take care of the smaller fry until they are
about 1 cm long and can take care of themselves. I am removing the male so I
won't have still another group of fry pop up in a couple of weeks. Once they are
all large enough to do well without Mom, they'll all go into a grow-out tank and
I'll give mom a little R&R (rest & recreation) before adding the male again.

Mike Wise

Mike Wise