Re: Laetacara flavilabris

Lisa,

Your flavilabris are acting like my thayeri.  My flavilabris spawned in ph 6.8 water, what was your pH?  I would guess that this species is not too picky about pH or hardness.  Good luck with the photography.

I've had my thayeri for almost 1.5 years and I still have not had a decent photo (or spawn) of them.   They hide as soon as I walk in the fish room - can't take pics of them that way.  So I have now rigged up an elaborate scaffolding-n-screen system with 2X4s and black paper so that they cant see me but I can see them with my camera.  The tough part was/is positioning the corded flash and the other 3 slave strobes so they all work well together.  I've been rigging this together for 3 weeks now.  After all is said and done, I think I'll be more impressed with the scaffolding system than the pictures!

Vinny