Re: spawning triggers

Hi,
I agree with Mike on both the possibility of intestinal parasites, and
the problem of using one single staple. Flake and frozen bloodworms are
my staples, but I find apistos will spawn after I switch to a day or two
of whiteworms, baby brine shrimp or even chopped earthworms.
Another question is tank size. A harassed female will not put on weight.
If the male is running at her too much, she might not have an internal
parasite problem. In poorly planted 24 inch tanks, I've seen this (in
planted 20s with lots of hiding places I haven't had the problem). Just
as in some harem situations, one female wastes away, the same can happen
in pairs in too small tanks.
-Gary